Miniloc Island Resort in El Nido, Palawan, Philippines is set in a cove with a backdrop of sheer limestone cliffs. Reminiscent of a coastal village, Miniloc’s quaint charm is enhanced by its crystal clear waters teeming with tropical fishes. You need not go far to sample Miniloc Island’s interesting facets. The waters fronting the resort are rich in marine life. At the end of the pier, guests can snorkel alongside 3-foot long groupers and hundreds of sergeant majors, damsel fish, fusiliers, and other multi-colored tropical fishes.
El Nido is a municipality located at the northwestern tip of the province of Palawan in the Philippines. It is about 430 kilometers southwest of Manila, and about 238 kilometers northwest of Puerto Princesa, Palawan’s capital. El Nido is bordered by the Linapacan Strait in the north, the Sulu Sea in the east, and the South China Sea in the west.
Facilities and Amenities
Miniloc Island is one perfect destination for a tropical holiday with family and friends, honeymoon, or even business meetings as it provides the facilities and services fit for the said activities.
- At the Clubhouse, terrace is the restaurant where guests have a view of the cove, the sea, and the nearby islands. The restaurant serves a selection of local and international cuisine, both buffet-style and a la carte.
- Also located at the Clubhouse are the resort boutique and an air-conditioned conference room that can accommodate up to 40 persons theater-style and 30 persons classroom-style.
- Pavilion Bar
- The pavilion bar, game area, and video room are located at the center of the beach area. Nearby is the Marine Sports Center which is fully-equipped with snorkeling and diving gear, kayaks, windsurfing boards, aqua-bikes, and hobie cats.
- Beach beds and bamboo cabanas are also lined along the fine white sand beach, especially made for those who wish to soak up the sun.
- Fire warning system – Smoke detectors are available in each room.
- Fire extinguishers – Bedroom corridors are equipped with a fire extinguisher.
- Fire escapes – The escape routes are clear of obstruction at all times.
- The resort clinic is equipped with basic medical facilities and manned by a qualified nurse
Miniloc Island Resort guarantees its guests of an incredible list of free activities such as:
- Guided tour at the Big Lagoon
- Kayak in the small lagoon
- Snorkel at the Miniloc house reef
- Swim with their 1.5 meter jackfish
- Introductory dive
- Photograph Snake Island’s sandbar
- Explore Cudugnon Cave
- Sunset cruise or cocktails at the Wreck Bar
- Bottom fishing
- Mangrove tour and birdwatching (subject to tide)
- Introductory rock climb
- Sunbathe in over 100 private locations
- Learn to windsurf at the resorts
- Hobie cat sail around the islands
- Kayak at your leisure at their three islands
- Pedal boat at the resorts.
- Volleyball and badminton at the beach clubs
Miniloc Island Resort has a total of 50 rooms with a variety of accommodation styles: 7 Water Cottages, 5 Seaview Rooms and 10 Deluxe Seaview Rooms built on stilts, 13 Garden Cottages surrounded by tropical plants, 3 Cliff Cottages nestled high in the hillside and 12 Beachside Rooms. All cottages and rooms are built facing the sea and have private verandahs that offer views of the cove and the nearby islands.
The cottages and rooms at Miniloc Island Resort are built with thatched roofs and furnished with indigenous Filipino materials. The local flavor extends to the cottages and rooms from the wooden floors and walls made of woven bamboo slats (locally called sawali) to furniture hand-made from natural materials such as bamboo and rattan. All cottages and rooms are air-conditioned and have a mini bar, a hair dryer and private toilet, shower facilities and private verandahs that offer views of the cove and the nearby islands.
- Showers & toilets – each room has a private toilet and shower with bath amenities and a hair dryer.
- Water – Both hot and cold running water are available in every room’s shower facilities.
- Electricity – Electricity (220 volts, 60 cycles) is available 24 hours. Outlets are for plugs with two flat prongs.Transformers and adaptors are available at the resort.
- All cottages and rooms have the following features:
- Individually controlled air-conditioner
- Writing desk/dresser
- Room-to-room telephone
- Daybed inside the room for Garden Cottages and in the verandah for Seaview Rooms, Water Cottages, and Cliff Cottages
- Private toilet and shower facilities with hot and cold running water
- Bath amenities including bio-degradable soap and shampoo
- Hair dryer